Tuesday 21 January 2014

Skin Care Routine

For many years I have struggled with controlling acne, however, after many different medications and topical applications my skin has decided to chill down a bit.

So that leaves me dealing with my combination, leaning to more oily skin type. Every morning and night I have a basic routine, then add different products depending on what my skin is telling me.



1. I'll firstly wash my face with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser which was recommended by numerous doctors and dermatologists. I find that this super gentle product removes the majority of my makeup, leaving my skin prepped for cleansing time.

2. Currently I am using Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser, which has been working well with further cleaning, leaving my skin vibrant and not striping natural oils. I switched to the cleanser as it was the fraction of the cost from a cleanser from ASAP, which I may go back to one day. But all in all the Neutrogena cleanser does the job perfectly fine and I love the fact that it has no nasties in it.

3.
a). Morning: I'll apply ASAP Moisturising Daily Defence in the morning to my face as it is jam packed with SPF 30+ which should be in every skincare routine! This is a lovely light weight cream that sinks into the skin nice and fast. I also feel as if it hydrates the skin extremely well.

b). Night: This step took me a while to get used to but I can't imagine my routine with out it at the moment. I'll pop ASAP's Clearskin Gel on my face at night as it targets all of the impurities that my be manifesting under your skin. It is a strange gel that smells a bit weird, but when applied you feel nice and fresh, like your skincare is actually working.



I'll add these products to my routine whenever I feel as if I need to target an area.

St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub: Recently I was told to be careful of this product by a beautician, as it can be quite harsh. However, I'll use it whenever my skin is looking tired or has that gross build up forming (we all know what I'm talking about.. yuckk).

Beauty & me Avocado Oatmeal Face Mask: Not so much this brand but if I see any avocado clay based mask I'm into it. These masks freshen the skin as well as unclogging pores (which my oily skin asks for a lot).

Rose Hip Oil: My holy grail product at the moment, I feel as if this product just adds a glow to my skin. I have also noticed my red acne scars fading since using this. I'll apply just before my moisturiser, so that the oil can be locked in.

Apple Cider Vinegar: My my this household item has so many uses! I know that my mum loves rinsing it through her hair, leaving it nice and shiny. I'll pop this in a small spray bottle and use as a toner whenever I feel as if my pores need a good ole' clean. Learn from my mistake at avoid from the eye area.. ouchhh.

So what are some of your favourite products in your skincare routine?

M xoxo

2 comments:

  1. The avocado mask sounds really nice! And I've also been eyeing off the Neutrogena cleanser. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you end up trying the cleanser I would love to hear your thoughts

    ReplyDelete