Thursday 9 January 2014

2013 Beauty Awards

These are all of my beloved, must have beauty products that I have been depending on in the year of 2013.

Complexion favourites:



Sunspirit  Rose Hip Seed Oil
I use the smallest amount of this oil just before I moisturise day and night on my face. I honestly believe that this product gives your skin a more healthy appearance. I have also seen an improvement in the fading of my small red acne scarring which makes me feel over the moon.

Australis Makeup Finishing Spritz
I have recommended this product to so many of my friends and a few of them have come back to me raving about it, so I know that I'm onto something here. I use this lightweight mist to set my makeup (which I believe works to a certain degree), to blend all of my face products used and to freshen up when I'm feeling a tad blahh.

Revlon Colourstay Foundation in Natural Beige
Currently I am using the 'normal/dry skin' formula but I must say that I can not tell the different between this and the 'oily skin' formula. With out a single doubt this is my to go to foundation. I wear it everyday knowing that it will not budge, even on long days, sweating, everyday wear and my oilyish skin. This foundation gives my skin a natural finish yet covers all of the nasties that occur on my face. 

Nude by Nature Natural Mineral Cover in Medium
Just like the Revlon foundation I have gone through countless bottles/ tubs of this product and I will continue to do so for a very long time. This lightweight powder can be used to set your liquid/cream foundation or be used alone for a more natural appearance. When my skin is just not having the best day and is looking a bit sad really i'll brush this on and it adds instant colour and creates an even skin tone.

Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Bronze
Another product which many of my friends and I rave about (so I know that I'm not the only crazy one here) is this matte bronzer. I spoke about this product further in my Bronzed and Ready post. This powder just adds a beautiful glow to your skin without look orange.

The Balm Cosmetics Mary - Lou Manizer
I can not rave enough about this highlighter, I have been using it everyday for over a year and it has not even made a dent in the product, you literally get given a life time supply of highlighter. This product gives your complexion a beautiful subtle champagne glow. 

Eye favourites:

Stila In The Light Eye Shadow Palette
This eyeshadow palette has so many beautiful combinations for either a smokey sexy eye or a more subtle everyday look. The palette contains mostly shimmer shades, mixed with a few matte shades which are perfect to be used when blending. I have a more in depth post on the palette describing its amazingness further.

Maybelline The Falsies Flared Mascara
When I wear this mascara I get so many questions about what fake eyelashes I use! This product literally creates volume and length to my lashes like crazy. It also does not budge throughout a long day or night. I apply this using numerous coats allowing for drying time between each of the coats to create a false eyelash effect.

Relvon Grow Luscious Mascara   
 With claims of creating stronger lashes, I feel as if this is actually true as my lashes seem healthier and have less fall out when I religiously apply this product. This mascara is a perfect everyday product for me, it gives my lashes natural yet noticeable length and volume.

Maybelline Masterprecise Liquid Liner 
This is the easiest to use, most long wearing liquid eyeliner I have ever used. The pigmentation of the liner does not fade nor budge throughout both the day and night. You can create a soft line on the top of your lash line to produce the illusion of thicker eyelashes to a dramatic winged look.

Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
This is probably my favourite eye product out at the moment. I use it as a base or just as a eyeshadow on its own. It lasts all day through all of the elements. When I pop this on my eyelids it just adds an extra dimension to my face, it looks as if you have spent a good 15 minutes on shading and blending, when in reality you used your finger and swiped it onto your lid. 

Lip Favourites:

Korres Lip Butter in Quince
This lip butter is extremely moisturising whilst adding such a beautiful, light, natural sheen to your lips. I can't really describe the smell of this product but it just feel luxurious and fancy.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Smitten
I have written a blogpost on my love for this product so I will not rant on. But this lip product is long lasting and provides the most amazing bright colour to your lips. I just can't express my lust for this product in words.

Hair Favourite:

John Frieda Frizz- Ease Hair Serum, Extra Strength Formula
This product does what it says that it does, end of. The smallest amount tames the wild frizz that is my hair. It also does not leave a greasy texture when applied lightly to the hair.

What products won your 2013 beauty awards?

M xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment