Wednesday 11 December 2013

DIY: Eucalyptus Lotion Bars

Recently I popped into the beloved Lush store and i'm not sure if it was my imagination or not but I felt as if the prices had gone up on certain products. Feeling inspired I thought that I would have a go at creating my own massage bar and I am quite impressed with my efforts. The lotion/massage bar melts to your touch and is extremely moisturising and leaves a glow to your skin.


The recipe makes three palm sized bars.


What you'll need:
56g of beeswax
56g of coconut oil
56g of shea butter
Desired amount of eucalyptus essential oil (or any essential oil that you wish)
Moulds (I used a muffin pan)

How?
1. Melt the beeswax, coconut oil and shea butter all together in a double boilers (a pot filled with water with a heat safe bowl on top, not touching the water)

2. Take of the boiler and add your essential oil.

3. Pour into your mould and wait until set.


It is that easy!



Do you prefer lotion bars or regular lotion in a tub etc.?

xoxo M

No comments:

Post a Comment